Thursday, November 8, 2007

Basketball.

Basketball in started on October 22nd. I would have to say this wasn’t my favorite of all coaches, but unlike some girls, that wasn’t going to stop me from playing. I guess you could say I wasn’t very nervous at tryouts, I had a pretty good feeling I would make the team. I didn’t think this because I was cocky; I simply knew I was automatically on the team sine this year only 13 people tried out! I couldn’t believe it! Last year about 25 people tried out, and this year practically no one did. I thought it was pretty sad and I really didn’t have very high hopes for our team that year. I know that probably sounds bad coming from a player on the team, but the turnout was so scarce!

After the cuts were made, which were only 2, it seemed like the team might actually progress with some practice. I think we definitely had some potential. During the first practice everyone was a little discombobulated and no one was very warmed up on her skills from last year. Not to mention we all just wanted to ball at the same time! Now after about 2 weeks of practice I would have to say things are looking a lot better for us.

Tonight is the night before the game; I am worried out of my socks. I really don’t want us to lose; I hate losing more then anything. I’m nervous we might just forget everything we learned at practice. My wish for the game is to win, have fun, encourage people, and just do my best, because really that’s all you can do to support your team. I really have confidence we can win if we try hard.

3 comments:

casey said...

wow it sound that you dont really like the coach. But it seems that u guys are going to do good in all of your games.

Cortney =] said...

In this story I love the line " I was scared out of my socks." For the people that know you they would get your sandals and socks thing with Vica. I also love the way you put the story because it was really thurough.

brittany. said...

I liked this because i was scared too. And during practice i was scared because he didnt tell us jv and varsity either. It scared me out of my socks also!